Hope you’re all staying warm during the colder weather we are enduring at the moment.
Just something to mention, even though it isn’t the best weather to be moving house, we still have you covered as we supply blankets for the furniture etc to ensure nothing gets wet during the move.
I just wanted to take the time to share some handy tips with you in hopes that your next move will be without any extra stress, as we all know how stressful moving can be.
Once you’ve done it a few times, you’ll start to know what steps you need to take in order to have everything ready by the time “Moving Day” comes along, but in case you haven’t had to organise moving before, here are a few helpful tips to get you through.
- Check that the company you’re looking at choosing has good reviews. This is a good way to tell if they are essentially a service that you would recommend – Google Reviews can’t be deleted, therefore it is open for anyone to see. Most companies will have had a bad review or 2, but if there are several, it might pay to keep looking as it’s a good insight into that company.
- Insurance – Unfortunately not many Furniture Movers in Auckland offer their services with Contents Insurance included. They may have Public Liability Insurance but this only covers eg. If the movers were involved in a traffic accident, then your contents would be covered. The best advice would be to check in with your House & Contents Insurance provider, firstly, to inform them that you will be moving properties but also to inquire as to whether your cover includes moving house. Otherwise, there are a few companies that specialise solely in house removal insurance. Generally, most people aren’t concerned about it as finding reliable furniture movers is a big part, but if you aren’t wanting to take that risk, ask your movers who they would recommend for Removals Insurance for that peace of mind.
- Decluttering your home – This will be a money and space saver. We can also offer this service when you move with us. You could do this by giving some away to the Salvation Army, friends or family, or even posting on Trademe or other market pages so you could also be making some money back. It just means that when you move into your new house, if you have gotten rid of everything you don’t want to take with you, then you’ll have more space in the house, less unpacking to do, less to worry about.
- Packing – If you don’t have a tight budget for your move, it might be worthwhile to get your movers to do it for you. They can provide packing materials including packing paper for all your fragile pieces. This way, you can focus on other aspects of your move. Some furniture movers will unpack for you as well, taking a lot of stress off your shoulders. If you decide you want to pack everything yourself, this will definitely save you money. The better you pack everything before the move, the easier it will be when unpacking and if you have as much of your items in boxes as possible, it will take less time for moving. We can offer you affordable packing material with our eco box rental or we have cardboard boxes for sale. If you are wanting to save money on packing materials, you could drop into your local supermarket to see if they have any available.
- Make a checklist – List everything you need to complete before moving. This way you can work through it without procrastinating. This way you could also get friends or family to help if they know what you need to get done.
Just following these steps will be a total game-changer for when you move house.
If you have any other tips you would like us to add to our blog/website, let us know and we will come up with some more info for you all.
– Stress Free Movers